Miss Chef’s Best this year? Loved the dish and want to make it at home? Here's the recipe. Don’t forget to tell us how it tastes!
Shrimp & Wheat Berry Salad
|Food & Friends' chefs provided tastings of a delicious|
Wheat Berry Salad to nearly 1,200 people.
- Cook Wheat Berries and Soak Overnight in Water
- Drain, Place Wheat Berries in Saucepan
- Cover with Fresh Water and 2 Bay Leaves
- Simmer until Soft = Approx. 45 Minutes to 1 Hour
- Mix Vinaigrette (see ingredients above)
- Once Wheat Berries have been Drained and Cooled Completely, Gently Mix with Grapefruit, Orange, Avocado, Radish, Red Onion, Fennel, Celery and Parsley.
- Mix in Vinaigrette and Check Seasoning
- Garnish with Smoked Shrimp
Recipe Credit: Mark Furstenberg, as Presented at the 2012 Healthy Kitchens, Healthy Lives Conference