GreyNav

Custom: Food Friends Header

Events
Media and News Center
Get Involved
Who We Serve
What We Do
Who We Are
logo

July 29, 2015

"The deliveries were a lifeline"


Cooking for the clients of Food & Friends is more than a job for me – it’s a joy. I have the chance to get to know some of the neighbors we serve – men and women living with HIV/AIDS, cancer, and other life-challenging illnesses. I’d like to share one of their stories with you.

https://www.kintera.org/site/apps/ka/sd/donor.asp?c=ckLSI8NNIdJ2G&b=9151027&en=cvJNI3OLLbJWJdMOLaJTI9PYLvI0I8ORKmLYJaOTLdLXJhO2LzGMeet Sasha. She’s a 29 year-old mom living with HIV. When she started receiving services, she was also pregnant.


Here’s a letter Sasha sent to us:

I want you all to know how much this service has meant to me and my family. While I was pregnant, it was very difficult for me to go grocery shopping, especially considering that I do not drive. 

The food that was provided helped me to eat well and feed my children. Due to financial difficulties which have been exacerbated by the cost of baby formula, diapers, and other baby necessities, the food deliveries were a needed lifeline.

We are so thankful for all that you have done for us and we know that you will continue to help others just as you have helped us. It is still a difficult time for us but we hope that someday we can offer our support in return.

Thank you all, and be blessed, Sasha


With gratitude,
Mark Locraft
Executive Chef


No comments:

Post a Comment