GreyNav

Custom: Food Friends Header

Events
Media and News Center
Get Involved
Who We Serve
What We Do
Who We Are
logo

May 16, 2013

Congratulations Cooking Class Graduates!

Nine participants graduated from our fun and interactive spring Cooking Matters Cooking Class Series! I am so proud of them for the positive and healthy changes they have started to make in each of their lives.

Below are quotes from our participants on the last day of class:

“I now drink more water and eat breakfast."

“I learned the importance of incorporating more vegetables into my diet and have started to do so."

“I learned about substitutions in recipes, like the black beans in the brownies and the Greek yogurt instead of sour cream. I made the black bean brownies and took them into work, my coworkers loved them!”

“I learned how to read nutrition labels and that the ingredients are listed from most to least on the food label, which is important when looking for whole wheat products."

“I learned that Greek yogurt has twice as much protein as regular yogurt and that I should fill my plate with half vegetables.”

“I learned that you don’t have to use a lot of cooking oil to prepare a meal. I am more knowledgeable about cooking different meals and they are tasty.”

“I learned how to cut an onion, strawberries, and other fruits and vegetables without creating any waste.”


Congratulations Graduates of Cooking Matters Cooking Class!


Brittany Lawrance, RD, CNSC, LDN, Community Dietitian

Brittany is a registered dietitian and has been with Food & Friends since October 2012. Her previous experience was working as a clinical dietitian on the pediatric hematology and oncology unit at Children’s National Medical Center. Brittany completed her dietetic internship in Baltimore, Maryland through Sodexo-Mid Atlantic and is a graduate of Bluffton University in Ohio. She enjoys traveling, playing tennis and softball, making crafts, and has a new found love for leading cooking class. Learn more about Food & Friends' nutrition services.





No comments:

Post a Comment