Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. It gets your body going after many hours (hopefully) of sleep. The food that you eat for breakfast will have a huge impact on how your day goes. When you are making breakfast make sure that you add some color to your plate!
In the morning, I love to start with an omelet and fruit. The best thing about an omelet is that you can incorporate the vegetables in your fridge that you've haven't had a chance to use yet. I hate to waste food so an omelet is a great option.
One of my favorite additions to an omelet is yellow bell pepper. Bell peppers are a great way of adding vitamin C to your diet. Below is how I prepare my omelet. Fair warning: if you have never made an omelet before do not worry if it does not come out perfect. Mine still do not always turn out as well as I would hope. But they are delicious!
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- pinch of pepper
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 2 tbsp water
- ¼ cup cheese
- ½ yellow onion, diced
- ½ bell pepper, diced
- Heat a small pan over medium heat and melt the butter.
- In a bowl add the eggs, oregano, salt, pepper, and water. Whip with a fork until pale.
- Saute the onions and pepper until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Pour the egg mixture over the vegetables. Cook until the egg mixture is not too liquidy on top.
- Add the cheese and fold in half.
- Cook on both side for 3 minutes per side then transfer to a plate and enjoy warm.